Maria Sandsmark has been working at Møreforsking Molde since February 2005. She holds a PhD in Economics from the University of Bergen (2000) specializing in strategic behaviour and industrial economics. Work experience includes ECON Analysis in Stavanger (2000-2004), Stavanger University College (2003-2004) and Molde University College (2004-2005).
Recent research activities
- «Electricity prices, supply security and costs», joint project with THEMA Consulting Group for the Ministry of petroleum and energy (Energiutvalget/NOU 2012:9).
- «Cost-benefit evaluation of the high power line between Sima and Samnanger in Hardanger» (member of the secretariat of "Sjøkabelutvalg IV"), for the Ministry of petroleum and energy.
- «A theoretical analysis of auctions for reserve assignments in hydropower markets», Statnett SF
- «Challenges caused by a significant increase in power demand in a region characterised by a power supply deficit», The Business and Management Research Fund in Mid-Norway
- «Auctioning of transmission capacity», Norwegian Water Resources and Energy Department
- «Futures Market Manipulations in Deregulated Electricity Markets» (project manager), for the Research Council of Norway
- «Cost-benefit evaluation of the nuclear research activities at the Institute of Energy Technology - IFE» (member of the secretariat), for the Research Council of Norway
- «Front-end evaluation of major public projects - the Norwegian Defence» for the Norwegian Ministry of Finance
- Sandsmark, M. & Tennbakk, B. (2010). Ex post monitoring of market power in hydro dominated electricity markets. Energy Policy 38 (3), 1500-1509. The article is available online at ScienceDirect.
- Sandsmark, M. (2009). A regional energy paradox - the case of Central Norway, Energy Policy 37(11), 4549-4556. The article is available online at ScienceDirect.
- Sandsmark, M. (2009). Spatial oligopolies with cooperative distribution. International Game Theory Review, 11(1), 33-40.
- Sandsmark, M. (2007). Cooperative game theory - a scope for supply security? Working Paper 2007:7, Molde University College.
- Munthe, K.L., Sandsmark, M. & Tennbakk B. (2007). Is there a scope for exploiting the interplay between physical and financial electricity markets? Working Paper 2007:4, Molde University College.
- Sandsmark, M. & Vennemo, H. (2007). A portfolio approach to climate investments: CAPM and endogenous risk. Environmental and Resource Economics, Vol. 37, No. 4, pp. 681-695.
- Asche, F., Osmundsen, P. & Sandsmark, M. (2006). The UK Market for Natural Gas, Oil and Electricity: Are the Prices Decoupled? The Energy Journal, Vol. 27 No. 2.
- Sandsmark, M. (2001). Bruk av kooperativ spillteori i praksis. Norsk Økonomisk Tidsskrift 115 s. 63-76.
- Flåm, S.D. & Sandsmark, M. (2000). Learning to Face Stochastic Demand. International Game Theory Review, Vol. 2 No. 4, pp. 259-272.
- Sandsmark, M. (2000). Essays on Conflict and Cooperation. Institutt for økonomi, Universitetet i Bergen, doktorgradsavhandling nr. 18, 2000.
- Sandsmark, M. (1999). Production Games under Uncertainty. Computational Economics, Vol. 14 No. 3, pp. 237-253.
List of publications can be found in CRIStin